As fall weather turns colder, pumpkin pie pudding makes for a cozy dessert. It’s a great addition to holiday meals as it packs a big nutrition bang! And, it is also a great dish for your kids to help out with. This seasonal take on a traditional favorite gets a boost of nutrition thanks to KABRITA’s non-GMO Whole Goat Milk Powder. It is high in protein and calcium, which helps to keep the immune system strong, and bones and muscles healthy.
- ½ cup canned unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 2 cups water
- 6 tbsp KABRITA non-GMO Whole Goat Milk Powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ ground allspice
- In a saucepan, mix together water, KABRITA non-GMO Whole Goat Milk Powder, egg, and honey.
- Bring the milk mixture to a boil while whisking constantly. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin purée with all remaining ingredients, and whisk well until blended.
- Slowly add the pumpkin purée mixture to the milk mixture, whisking constantly, and place over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the pudding evenly among dessert bowls and chill until pudding is set, 1 to 2 hours.
Nutritionals Per Serving:
- Yields 4 Servings
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 56.5mg
- Sodium: 54mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Calcium: 20%