Cold winter days call for those classic comfort foods we love so much, like tomato soup! Our version is high in protein and calcium, thanks to using KABRITA’s non-GMO Whole Goat’s Milk Powder. And, it’s full of filling fiber thanks to the tomatoes and zesty zucchini chips – kids will love dipping them in their soup! This cozy combination is perfect for chilly weeknight dinners or snowy weekend lunches.
Ingredients For The Soup:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, low-sodium if possible
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of KABRITA Non-GMO Whole Goat Milk Powder
- Freshly chopped basil
Ingredients For The Chips:
- 2 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions For The Soup:
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook one more minute until you start to smell the garlic release.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth, then season with pepper, adding more as desired.
- Bring soup to a boil, and then lower to simmer for 20-25 minutes. (A good time to start your chips – below.)
- Puree the soup in the pot using an immersion blender, or very carefully pour soup into a regular blender to blend and then gently return to pot.
- Stir in water and WGMP and combine. Add basil. Let soup simmer for at least 15 minutes for the soup to reduce and thicken.
- Ladle soup into bowls and place chips in the middle of the table.
Directions For The Zucchini Chips:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thinly slice zucchini into rounds. Place in bowl and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread zucchini on a baking sheet, not overlapping pieces. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
KABRITA Non-GMO Whole Goat Milk Powder is a naturally easy to digest and convenient alternative to fresh milk for both children and adults! Our delicious, mild and sweet whole goat milk powder is easy to mix and can be served warm or cold. When mixed with water, whole goat milk powder is a perfect substitute for recipes calling for fresh milk.