Put a goat milk twist on candy cane hot cocoa for the holidays! Swapping traditional powdered milk with goat milk formula boosts nutrition and makes it a great treat for kids with cow milk sensitivity!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Makes: 8-10 servings
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp sea salt
5-6 standard size candy canes
1. Put candy canes inside a sealed ziplock bag and smash them through the bag with a rolling pin or skillet until the candy becomes a fine powder.
2. Sift all ingredients together into a medium bowl through a large mesh strainer.
3. Break up the remaining lumps and push them through the strainer with the back of a spoon.
4. Mix evenly.
5. For one serving: Stir 4-5 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix into a mug with 8 ounces of hot water.
6. Optional: Sprinkle extra crushed candy cane pieces on top or add marshmallows. Try Dandies Vegan Marshmallows for a gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan version of the kid-favorite.
Make sure to store remaining candy cane hot cocoa mix in an airtight container to enjoy next time!
Nutrition facts: Serving Size: 60g (4 tablespoons), Calories: 257, Carbohydrates: 50g, Protein: 5g, Total Fat: 6g, Fibre: 4g, Sodium: 187mg, Iron: 4mg, Calcium: 210mg, Vitamin C: 13mg, Vitamin A: 320IU